Monday, February 26, 2007

One more thing about the pieces in my last post...

I forgot to mention that all of my backgrounds for these 13 pages were made out of a large piece of Red Rosin Paper (which can be found at your local Menards, Home Depot, Loews, etc.). I always use a piece of the rosin paper as a surface protector under my artwork. It also becomes my paint and glue palette. It is quite water resistant and stands up to great abuse. I always scrape around any extra paint, medium, glue, etc. with a credit card as I work on a project. The rosin paper eventually becomes a masterpiece itself and I use it in a multitude of projects!!! One of the rules for the Lynne Perrella swap Style Series Fatbook was that the back of the pages could not be plain. They didn't have to be fancy---just not plain, so I used more of the painted rosin paper for the backsides. I did not collage the backsides, but they turned out fun anyway. Here are a few pix!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shari these backgrounds are wonderful works of art in themselves. Thanks for sharing about the rosin paper, I will definately be checking that (will have to find similar shops here in Australia).
Havent been to your blog before, but will definately be keeping an eye on it from now on.

Shari said...

Thank you Jacky for the lovely comments. Please leave links to your blog/website/flickr site. I'd love to see your work. Hope you can find the Rosin paper. It is a great substrate and is very inexpensive. Please check back often. I am making a big effort to keep my blog updated and fun to look at.
-shari

Janet said...

Thank you for the info about the Rosin paper. I'll see if I can find it at Lowe's (they're close to where I live)....I love the examples you have on here, especially the last one. Beautiful!

Susan said...

Love these backgrounds. As Jacky said, they are works of art in themselves. I've got to get some of that paper!
Susan