Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Let me tell you about all of the fun stuff I have received in the mail...and a belated THANK YOU to my generous friends! WARNING: VERY LONG POST!!

I have been the lucky recipient of some really awesome stuff this past week. Let me do some "show & tell" and say thank you to all of the generous artista's that have sent these gifts, RAKS, swaps and prizes to me!! I will personally e-mail each of you later...just in case you miss this post.

1. I received the most amazing package of hand made papers from Kathy Wasilewski. I was the lucky winner of her 4th Freebie Friday drawing!! It was very generous of Kathy to hold these drawings and I really consider myself fortunate to have won this fabulous assortment. Here is a pix---but believe me it is way better in person!!! Thank you very much Kathy.

2. I also received a fabulous ATC from my art/blog friend Belinda Schneider in Luxembourg. I read her blog "Bel's Nook" all the time. She is very talented and she does these absolutely incredible backgrounds---painted, layered, stamped, layered some more etc.. I kept pestering her for a private tutorial and she pointed me to several older posts on her blog with descriptions of her technique. I am the kind of person who needs to see to understand so I was not quite getting the technique and I kept being a pest with a zillion questions. In response to all of my queries and whining, Belinda generously sent me a lovely ATC RAK !!! Now that I have this little beauty in my hands I can see exactly what she does and I will try to create some of my own---at least my own interpretaion of the Belinda Schneider technique!! I will post my results after I do some experimentation. Here is a pix of her ATC. Thank you Belinda. I appreciate your "Random Act of Kindness".



3. I won another prize!!! Are you jealous yet??? My friend Fran Saperstein
(check out her blog "artsyfran") holds "Manic Monday" drawings on her blog. In honor of producing her own glorious vintage collage sheets (available in her etsy shop) she offered a set as the prize for Manic Monday and I WON!!!! Lucky me!! Not only did he send me the collage sheets, she also sent some really fun goodies to use in my art. I so appreciate your generosity Fran and I just love your collage sheets!! For those of you who don't know the story of how I met Fran, here is a short version!!! Last year at Art Unraveled in Phoenix I took a class where the instructions were not too clear and as a complete novice I understood nothing other than I probably needed to invest in about $300 worth of tools/equipment to be able to be able to recreate the project at home. I was about to leave (knowing that I absolutely didn't need to learn and invest in a new and expensive art process) when Fran who was also in the class stopped me, offered to share her tools and knowledge and friendship. It turned out to be one of the best classes I took at AU!!! She told me what I really needed to buy to get started (introducing me to Harbor Freight!!) and showed me step-by-step how to do the project. You ar wonderful Fran---and I am very greatful that I met you! Here are pix of her collage sheets. They are wonderful images and the quality is great! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!



4. And still more....today I received a charm from the talented Angie Haviland (check out her blog "Angie's Art & Full Life"). I have been in several Charm Swaps this past couple of months, but none of them included Angie as a participant. Who knew there were so many Charm Swaps happening?? I read her blog often and saw a pix of the charms she had made for the swap she is paritcipating in. I loved her charms and knew that I had to have one!!! So I commented on her blog and suggested a one on one swap. Today I received this beautiful work of art from Angie to add to my growing charm collection. It is even more beautiful in person than on her blog!!! I have a confession to make---I have not sent Angie my charm in return yet. Doing so is on my lengthy TO DO list Angie. I will try to get it in the mail tomorrow. She also sent me some pretty fibers in the package. What a treat! Here is a pix of her charm.



5. And lastly...a very, very belated acknowledgment to my friend Heather Bluhm.
I have thanked her personally but I have not sent my trade back to her yet (sorry Heather---I'm just a bit behind as usual). She sent me notecards made using her fabulous art, a sample of her flickr Moo Cards, and several wonderful 1X1 mini collages. The 1x1's included the Frida one that I requested from her when we first started making these mini masterpieces. Here's the pix. And thanks again Heather!!!

3 comments:

Fran S said...

I'm so glad you are pleased with the collage sheets. Enjoy them! I cannot wait to see what you do with them!!!

It's amazing how we meet people along the way. We were supposed to meet in that class. I think that's the only reason we both shelled out the bucks for that awful class! LOL

Anonymous said...

Shari what wonderful art (and supplies) you have received this week! I cant wait to see how you use the collage pages from Fran.
The papers from Belinda Schneider are amazing as is the ATC...LOVE IT! She is very talented and I do love those backgrounds.
Gorgeous charm... will have to check out the blogs of these wonderful artists.

Anonymous said...

wow, it's fun to get all these art mail, isn't it? you are one lucky gal!!