Monday, April 28, 2008

A BETTER LOOK AT THE QUEEN (AKA Make a crown and you too can be "The Queen"!)







I found this photo of the original crown that I submitted to Stampington's Stamper's Sampler magazine which was published in the February/March 2008 issue (see earlier post). I had several requests for detailed instructions, so here they are...

The template for the crown was from the Stamper's Sampler "Tempting Templates" section. I cut out the template from a piece of heavy poster board. I gessoed both sides of the poster board and allowed it to dry (with a little help from my handy-dandy heat gun!). I then used Golden's Soft Gel Medium to adhere torn pieces of dictionary pages over all to give it strength and flexibility. Again, I allowed it to dry completely. When dry, I added a thin layer of Golden Modeling Paste. While the Modeling Paste was still wet I stamped into it with stamps from Invoke Arts Mosaic Elements Sheet and a Stampotique Original – Josie Cirincione stamp that looks like Punchinella. After Modeling Paste was dry I painted it with Sophisticated Finishes Copper Metallic Surfacer. When the paint was dry I used Patina Green to make it look like verdigris. I stamped onto the Chipboard letters (K&Company) with a small flourish stamp (company unknown) and painted the same as the crown. I embellished with metal found objects that I also painted to match the other elements.

2 comments:

Susie Jefferson said...

I love this! What fun! It caught my eye because I thought it was actually real metal and I was wondering how on earth you managed to cut it! Phenomenal ... just goes to show what you can do with paint effects. Thanks for sharing.

TonyaA said...

Love the crown. Adorable!
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
Tonya