Saturday, October 06, 2007

Something I've been up to....and you are invited to join!!

In the last month or so I have gotten hooked on creating art in the Gothic Arch shape. If you scroll down a little on my blog you can see several samples of my newest obsession! I participated in a Gothic Arch Book Swap with twelve other talented artists (all overseas) and received back the most incredible pages in the swap back last week (I will scan the pages later and post them to the blog for you to see). Receiving these beautiful pages motivated me to start a Gothic Arch Art group on Flickr! This group is a place for anyone who enjoys creating (or would like to create) using the Gothic Arch shape. It will be a place to share your art and to view art from others. It will be fun to see all the different interpretations of the Gothic Arch Shape. So far there are 26 members and we are beginning to see some beautiful pieces of art added to the group page. I would like to invite all of you who are reading this to take a peek and join us if you'd like. The arch shape lends itself to any kind of art and any kind of medium. There is no limitation to size---big, small, tall, wide, skinny, whatever you would like. The only rule is that it has to curve and come to a point at the top! Here is the link to the group Gothic Arch Art on Flickr.

I will be uploading a Gothic Arch template in my next post. I posted it on the Flickr group site earlier, but there seems to be a problem with downloading it, so I will add it here and link it to the site. This is only one template for an arch---it does not mean that you need to create your arches with this template only! This is just an example for those who are not familiar with the shape.

Hope to see you there!!!

No comments: