Friday, January 27, 2006

Still Struggling With The Creative Process...

It seems like my muse has gone into hiding for the winter---occasionally she peeks out and I create a thing or two, but I am finding it a struggle. Art shouldn't be so hard. I have a zillion ideas floating in my head UNTIL I sit down at my art desk---and then I freeze. I managed to do the above (it is a 4X6 postcard) yesterday. I have joined the Postcard Crossing Project and I created this postcard to be the first one that I will send. It is going to a woman in Munich, Germany. Check it out (Postcard Crossing Project) and join me . Here is a brief explanation (as stated on the website)--- "The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost. The main line is: if you send a postcard, you'll receive at least one back, from a random postcrosser somewhere in the world." Sounded like a fun idea to me. I'll keep you posted as to how it works out!!

I have decided to make a really big effort to post to my blog daily---even if it is to just say hello. I am also going to try to create at least one piece of art each day.

Till later---hugs, shari xxx

2 comments:

Lauri said...

That is a gorgeous postcard, Shari! I think your muse is out of hibernation!

The postcard thing sounds interesting...I checked it out briefly, but couldn't tell...is it an art postcard group, or just any old postcard? Either way, you could always use a stamp from another country! lol!

And I'm actually going to see Brokeback Mountain tonight! I can't wait!!! I think just going by myself and not having to sit with anyone I know and having to make small talk or whatever is almost more exciting than seeing the movie itself!
Email me at artsmith (at) yahoo.com. I know what you mean about the movie staying with you...the story has been with me ever since I read it! I hope the movie doesn't disappoint me.

Anyway, just email me and we can discuss the movie or how you've been feeling or anything else you want! Take care!

vicci said...

Shari....I also joined postcrossing!!! I haven't got any postcards yet...but I've sent quite a few...it cost .75cents to send a postcard overseas!! I can't wait to start getting some cards.