Monday, October 10, 2005

Finally a beginning

Hi---my name is Shari and I am a mixed media artist. I created this blog a long time ago, but for some reason I have not been able to get started---that is, until today! I have been in a creative funk for a while and I am glad to say that it is finally over. Something new that I have been working on is fabric art. I was exposed to fabric art for the first time while at Art Unraveled in Phoenix, AZ this August. I decided that it was something I wanted to do. The problem was (or I thought it was a problem), I have never done (or wanted to do) machine sewing and I do not own (or want to own) a sewing machine. Upon my return from Phoenix, I started to research fabric art online and found out about "quilties" on one of my online Yahoo groups "Artistazine". To my surprise I found out that you can create these mini masterpieces by hand!! Here is a pix of my very first quiltie...



2 comments:

Veleta (Sammy) said...

I love your blog and all your work! I am so glad that you are a part of our yahoo group...

hugs,
Sammy

Lauri said...

I love this piece!!! I quilt, and sometimes when I'm just playing around I do little things like that...I didn't even know it was an art! Definitely gonna have to check out that Yahoo group!

Lauri